Monday, July 28, 2008

what are "friends"

I have associates, good people,close friends, then there are "Friends"...

You may define a "Friend" differently: someone who's constantly by your side in times of need,or perhaps they are just a person whom you have a descent conversation with?My defintion, well it's complicated I've had my Up's & down's with the people I call "friends". Need I not mention the word betrayal.
I'm the type of person who loves to meet new people ,and enjoy those who take the time to care for others...that's me !!
But, I've learned not to " trust someone to fast" because of the betrayal one can recieve in the end.
During my adolescent years, I was introduced to numerous people, some of them who remained my "close friends" till this day,yet some who ultimately took advantage of me,but I realized the hard way how someone you barely know can show their"true colors",and ultimately betray you;needless to say today, i choose my friends "very wisely and carefully" Today, i stay to myself,but I only have a hand-full of friends.
I learned who my "REAL" friends are,and there are times I even doubt someone... I kind of test the waters,but i think the key to my unsucessful friendships during my school-years is the fact that i'm too "easy-going and Nice" at least that what my friends say...I've been taken advantage of to many times ... and i've learned my lesson "the Hard-Way".
If there was a time-machine, to back in time i would change the way people took advantage of me; the reality is i can't ,and i hurt when it has been done, I have a caring ,sensitive heart and soul,and i believe that's why things happen the way that they do... especially with "friends"!!!!!

Mgs: Choose your friends wisely,never underestimate a person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Miracle,
I understand what you are saying about friends. I also think there isn't a person alive who hasn't felt betrayed by a friend.
One lesson I have learned in life is you can't really change a person but you can change how you react to that person. Cutting the line of friendship is hard sometimes but if a person makes theirself look good to make you look or feel bad...goodbye so-called friend.
Good post and just remember there are good friends in the least likely places and in the tomorrows.
Pam

Guestbook